Know The Different Options a Rehab Center Can Offer You
Addiction is a problem that many struggle with on a daily basis. Understanding you have an addiction and seeking help is one of the bravest things you can do. But the fears about and worry over treatment can lead many to stop trying to recover. Thankfully, rehab centers in San Diego have a variety of treatment options available. No two people are the same, and rehab centers work with that knowledge. The type of addiction you are struggling with, combined with the length of addiction and your specific physiology, can help determine which treatment will work best for you.
Outpatient Program Benefits
Many of the options you’ll find in rehab centers are a form of outpatient treatment. Statistics have shown that over 50% of patients discharged from residential treatment programs still relapse. Although residential treatments are the best way to detox and ensure that substances don’t become involved, the return to normal life and routine makes staying sober more difficult.
Outpatient programs are designed to help you integrate your recovery and treatment with your daily life. Work, family, friends, and habits are all considered and used to provide treatment. By continuing to live their lives and keep their schedules, patients in outpatient programs have a lower relapse rate than in residential programs.
Intensive Outpatient Programs
Intensive outpatient programs seek to help those struggling with addiction without the need to hospitalize them. These programs rely on helping individuals recognize the negative consequences related to substance use disorders. Through education, rehab centers provide patients with the skills they need to continue living a healthier life once the program ends.
Because each person is unique, outpatient programs are specifically designed on an individual basis. When you seek treatment, you’ll receive an assessment from the clinical director, who will create an action plan based on your needs. Outpatient programs use group education and counseling sessions to help provide the foundation for a life free of substance abuse.
Outpatient Program Topics
Depending on your needs and wants, outpatient programs from rehab centers in San Diego can focus on any of the following topics:
- Education – Backed by scientific facts and evidence, sessions aim to educate patients on the disease of addiction.
- Dual Diagnosis – Addiction is often caused by an underlying problem, and sessions work to help discover the causes of addiction.
- Mental Health Issues – One of the main underlying causes of addiction is mental health concerns, including anxiety and depression. Treatment is designed to both identify these concerns and find positive and healthy ways of treating them. In doing so, programs help build a patient’s self esteem and healthy habits.
- Relapse Prevention – Addiction is a difficult habit to break, and relapse can happen at any time. Through counseling and education, rehab centers give patients the tools needed to help prevent substance abuse in the future.
- Emotional Support – Substance abuse often accompanies or creates trauma. Counselors are dedicated to providing care and support through these emotional times.
- Spiritual Development – Many find a strong spiritual connection through recovery. Treatment programs can help use the power of spirituality to help patients recover and stay clean in the future.
- Social Interaction – Treatment programs rely on group sessions to provide a sense of community and support. By interacting with other patients who have the same struggles, one can more easily feel understood.
- Healthy Lifestyle – By leading a healthy life, one can start to steer away from the need for substance use. Programs help patients create and live with healthy habits.
Outpatient programs are designed to integrate into your life. Rehab centers offer both day and night sessions and will work with your schedule to help you get on track and improve your health.
Partial Hospitalization Programs
Struggling with addiction is a difficult battle. For those with additional medical conditions, chronic relapse is more likely to occur. Partial hospitalization programs are designed to provide additional levels of care to those who need it while still maintaining the benefits of an outpatient program.
Partial hospitalization means that patients are onsite at the rehab center for the majority of the day. While there, patients are treated to the same group and individual sessions of other outpatient programs. These sessions provide the education and support needed to help them recover. By staying onsite during the day, patients receive the additional support and treatment required. At night, patients return home with the skills and knowledge needed to maintain a sober lifestyle.
Seek Treatment from The Bridges of San Diego
The Bridges of San Diego is an intensive outpatient drug and alcohol treatment center located in La Mesa, CA. Our state of the art rehab center seeks to provide the education and tools needed for those struggling to overcome their addiction. Our highly trained staff is kept up to date on the latest in both recovery research and mental and physical health.
The Bridges of San Diego uses outpatient programs to help treat addiction for the following substances:
- Prescription Opiates
- Synthetic Drugs
The Bridges of San Diego is one of the most effective rehab centers in San Diego and was designed to help reduce the chances of relapse. To learn more about our outpatient programs and how we can help you or your loved ones, give us a call at 619-917-9577.